Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Trains
This morning I was at least 15 minutes late for work. Due to a train of course. As I was sitting waiting for this train it decides to STOP, and then decides nope i'm going to go forward, so he starts moving again. Needless to say this took forever. I informed my boss that I would be late due to a train (everyone laughed at me when I got in) but it was the truth. However, as I was sitting at this train I was reminded of a very wise friend of mine. She had blogged about trains in January: Look for the blessings in the inconveniences. Here's what she had to say: " “okay, Leanne, where’s the blessing in waiting for this train”. i was late for work (of course), and thought “whatever, there’s no way this could be good”. then i noticed the train graffiti. i love train graffiti. (i know it’s vandalism and all, but some of those dudes are amazing artists) i realized then that the train graffiti was my blessing for that moment. waiting for that train gave me a chance to catch my breath from my frantic rush to get to work and appreciate some very creative artwork. since then i have grown to love waiting for trains for this very reason." So what did I do? I took note of the train graffiti. Thanks L.
Posted by
Dawson and Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no prob. living out here i rarely have to wait for trains. i miss the train graffiti... and the much needed break from the craziness of calgary.
Post a Comment