Monday, July 23, 2007
We have met the enemy and the enemy is . . .
Don Boddy spoke on the above at Church yesterday. I'm not sure if I can answer that question, but I must say that I really enjoyed his speaking. He spoke about the Sermon on the Mount at the end of Matthew 5. You know the passage, where Jesus says, you've heard it been said an eye for an eye a tooth for a tooth . . . well anyways one part that really stood out to me was when he said "where's God in this? He's there it's just raining on you" You know the verse where it says the rain falls on the righteous and the wicked (or the supertones song, which continues to say mine is not to reason why is this). How true is it that when something goes wrong we want to blame it on someone, why not blame God. God is God. He is always there. Why do we want to blame God for bad things that happen to good people. There's no explantion why and we don't know why really good things happen to really bad people. So next time you want to blame something on God, look at it and ask "where's God in this?" and find the positive. He's there, it's just raining on you.
Posted by
Dawson and Christine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true. And so hard to remember sometimes. Thanks for the reminder!
Post a Comment